- RHI is a globally operating supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services, which are indispensable for industrial high-temperature processes exceeding 1,200 °C.
- With roughly 8,000 employees, 33 production facilities and more than 70 sales offices, RHI serves more than 10,000 customers from the steel, cement, nonferrous metals, glass, energy and chemical industries in nearly all countries of the world. RHI produces more than 1.7 million tons of refractory products per year and supplies customized product and system solutions.
- Refractory linings made by RHI ensure that a wide range of aggregates including steel ladles, cement rotary kilns, copper converters or glass furnaces withstand extreme thermal, mechanical and chemical stress.
- The production of refractories is resource-intensive. The naturally occurring raw materials magnesite and dolomite are used as basic materials. Roughly 70% of the global deposits are located in three countries: China, North Korea and Russia. RHI covers approximately 80% of its requirements from eight Group-owned raw material sites and is therefore largely independent of raw material markets.
- The RHI Group attaches great importance to research. The innovative power, which has made RHI the global technology leader, is based on decades of research and development activities, which have given RHI a leading edge. The company invests roughly € 20 million annually in this future-oriented segment.
- Demand for refractory products is primarily driven by growing prosperity, the level of industrial production and infrastructure projects. Although refractory products account for only 1 to 3% of the production costs of customer industries, they are crucial to the quality of the products manufactured.